Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Lilypie

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Baby Sam

Samuel Ellis Malouf was born yesterday (Friday) February 6 at 1:29 PM. He was 6lbs 5oz and 19 and 1/2 in. We got to the hospital Thursday night around 8pm b/c I was having contractions and the Dr. told me to just come in. WE were so glad to already be at the hospital and because I was scheduled for an induction the next morning anyway, they would keep me whether I was in active labor or not. Turns out I wasn't. So, the next morning they induced me around 7:15. By 8:45 I was in some major pain with the contractions so they gave me the epidural. Finally at 1:00 we were ready to push. I took one practice push and the nurse said, whoa let me call Dr. Brown. She barely had time to put her gloves on and had me push with the next contraction. I pushed for literally 5 seconds and she said "okay, you can relax". Seconds later Sam was crying in my arms! We are soooo thankful for his health and all of your thoughts and prayers.
Sam...


Micah
EVERYONE so far has agreed that Sam looks just like Micah did at birth. The only difference is Sam has darker and more hair and his eyes are much darker.



3 comments:

Haley said...

Courtney, he's beautiful! Glad you are all doing well. :-)

Heather said...

Courtney, I think Sam looks so much like you! He is so beautiful. We're so glad everyone is doing well!

theelliottfamily said...

Congratulations Malouf's! Such a blessing and with a delivery like that...I hope that you are planning for more!